Introducing the new Melrose Rack. This groundbreaking system actually disappears, leaving your rooftop clean and smooth.
Have you driven around town recently and noticed a conventional rack system on one’s car without any bikes or kayaks on top? More than likely the answer is yes. That’s because conventional roof racks are so difficult to install and remove, that one just ends up leaving it on. Not only does your formerly “close to zero drag” vehicle now have a lot of drag and wind noise, you are actually getting worse gas mileage on the road with that bulky thing on your rooftop. The Melrose Rack goes on in minutes, and then when you’ve unloaded your toys, literally disappears in minutes.
You may ask yourself, how is this possible? Well, the engineering team at Top Line created a revolutionary system based on four tiny pads (only 1/4” high) permanently fastened to the four corners of your vehicle... car, truck, SUV, van.... any make, any model, any year.
The cross bar towers snap onto these pads in seconds, and now you have the platform for tons of accessories provided by Yakima™, Thule™, and others - accessories to carry bikes, kayaks, skis, snowboards, cargo baskets, and more.
The towers will hold either a round or a square bar, meaning it’s completely compatible with Yakima™ or Thule™ products. Simply unlock with the provided key, lift the release on the tower, and the catch will disconnect from the attached pad. Your towers and crossbars go on and off in seconds, and you can leave your rack intact to hang in your garage so you can quickly mount it for your next adventure. With the rack removed, only the tiny pads are left, keeping your car looking like the car designer intended it to look...sleek and uncluttered.
• One rack fits virtually every possible vehicle... truly universal fit
• Melrose Rack works with both round and rectangular load bars
• Works with accessories from Yakima™, Thule™, TopLine and others
• Can be mounted directly camper shells or truck caps
• Can be mounted to flat or curved roofs
• Mounting pad can be painted to match vehicle color
• Rack and attachments can be left intact when in use
• Unlock with key, lift the release and the catch disconnects from the pad
• The pad is the only part left, clean and aerodynamic